By PCN Staff
As Canadians move on from one of our longest, cruelest winter in years, Prevent Cancer Now is being renewed as well.
Organizers, writers, scientists, lawyers, doctors, Mums and Dads – you all have important roles to play. Help to organize a movie screening, work with a scientist to analyse data, arrange a meeting with your politicians or employer… There’s no limit to the ways you can make our world a healthier place.
Watch for it! The website will soon be expanded with the latest information to prevent cancer at home and in your community.
Prevent Cancer Now is gearing up to educate candidates and voters in upcoming elections – be part of the action by joining the PCN team here!
In the meantime, this issue of An Ounce features summer-time cancer prevention advice from prominent scientists:
- Dr. Devra Davis’ latest thoughts on radiofrequency radiation, in light of the debacle of Health Canada’s review of Safety Code 6;
- Dr. Michael Gilbertson’s analysis that breast cancer may arise from your work;
- an update on breast screening; and
- lots of outdoors information – from artificial turf to sunscreen and more!
We love to hear from you! Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call (613-755-0110).
— The PCN Team
- We need your permission to keep in touch – please confirm your email today
PCN is moving ahead – Be part of the excitement!
- Unbeatable Beets in a healthy appetizer, and a dessert!
- The dirt on artificial turf
- Thermography: a role in prevention and early detection of breast cancer?
- Stay safe and healthy in the summer sun
- Kiss-Off Cancer Cook-Off – Great Food, Served with a Side of Prevention Tips
- First do no harm: What the science says about shale gas, health and other issues
- What are the full economic, health and security costs and benefits of wired versus wireless technology?
- Lawn Pesticide Bans Mean Cancer Prevention
- Societal implications of a new occupational and environmental cancer study
- PCN Shorts
Published: June 25th, 2014
Did you know you can get a new cancer prevention tip every day?
We have an App for that!