By Sharon Labchuk
Kick off your day with this healthy smoothie. It’s loaded with antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 pitted dates
- 6 raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon organic raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 inch piece of banana
Put everything but the chia seeds and banana in a blender container and soak overnight.
In the morning, grind the chia seeds in a coffee grinder and add to the smoothie with the banana.
Add more almond milk if you prefer it more drinkable than spoonable.
If not eaten right away, the chia will make it super thick.
Be sure to buy chocolate that’s organic, fair trade or sourced from the Americas to avoid supporting child slavery in Africa.
- The battle to end Canada’s asbestos industry: recent dramatic events
- Confused? Don’t be. Organic food IS better for you!
- Monsanto’s GM corn causes cancer in rats: French study
- Living Downstream in Ottawa
- Playing Chemical Detective – avoiding cancer-causing chemicals in the products you buy
- Food and Public Health Safety
- Minimize your cancer risk by eating the right type of food!
- Why I won’t be growing a moustache for “Movember”
- Turmeric – Heal thyself!
- Want to prevent cancer? Then lobby for democratic good government!
- Incineration Update
Labchuk’s Yummy Recipe
- PCN Shorts…
Published: November 25th, 2012