By PCN Staff
On Saturday, September 29th, friends of Rosalie Bertell will gather at Bloor Street United Church, 300 Bloor Street West (Google Map) at 7.00 pm (St. George subway) to remember one of the most influential people of our time. She was a Grey Nun, scientist,author, global citizen and inspiration to all who work for a healthy environment. Rosalie defied the entrenched interests to oppose everything nuclear from the Marshall Islands to the disasters in Japan. Her opposition to nuclear power as the source of radioactive contamination and nuclear weapons was a constant theme. If possible, please attend this memorial event and share your stories! In the meantime you can visit the Online Tribute Page set up by her colleagues. R.I.P. Rosalie. You’ll be greatly missed.
- Warning: Your mobile gadgets can be hazardous to your heath
- Fracking, Shale Gas and Children’s Health: Toxins and vulnerable populations
- Go Home – Talk to Your Fish
- Camille’s Yummy Summer Recipe: The Watermelon Slushy
- Time to end the Corruption of Public Health Policy by the asbestos industry
- Let’s study the health impact of the Tar Sands too!
Celebrating the Life of Dr. Rosalie Bertell (1929-2012)
- Best to avoid that new car smell
- Defeating incinerators one community at a time
- We need to create a pesticide-free environment if we’re going to prevent cancer
- Donate to PCN – We need you!
- PCN Shorts…
- Please take 2 minutes and complete our readship survey!
Published: August 15th, 2012