Prevent Cancer Now
- Helps people to become savvy citizens;
- Works to ensure that cancer-causing agents are not in our environment, food and water, homes, schools, workplaces, communities and products in the first place; and
- Works for health-supportive air, water, food and environments.
Build a Canada-wide movement to eliminate preventable contributors to cancer through research, awareness, education and advocacy.
Goals & Strategies
How we’re addressing contributors to cancer.
Board of Directors
Meet our multi-talented leaders.
History & Plans
Learn more about PCN’s origins and priorities
- Launched the Cancer Prevention Declaration in mid-May 2006.
- Have published and distributed An Ounce newsletter since January 2007.
- Coordinated a letter-writing drive encouraging the Canadian Cancer Society to support a ban on asbestos.
- Organized a major national conference on cancer prevention, It’s About Prevention. It’s About Time!, in Ottawa, May 2007. The focus was on building a national cancer prevention movement, and establishing a firm agenda for cancer prevention in Canada.
- Promoted and supported the development of the book Cancer: 101 Solutions to a preventable epidemic.
- Launched an anti-incineration campaign in 2008 and developed an Incineration Tool-Kit for concerned citizens in January 2009.