- Prevent Cancer Now - http://www.preventcancernow.ca -
Mission & Vision
Posted By admin On January 15, 2009 @ 4:30 pm In | No Comments
- A world where cancer is the exception, not the rule.
- Build a Canada-wide movement to eliminate the preventable causes of cancer, through awareness, education, and advocacy.
- Create a national movement for cancer prevention;
- Entrench use of the precautionary principle;
- Devote more funds to primary prevention (from the current 2%), and act on what we know prevents cancer;
- Improve regulations and policies to end environmental and workplace exposure to carcinogens; and
- Support individuals — especially marginalized groups — communities, businesses and governments to reduce or eliminate cancer-causing exposures.
What We Do
- Promote legislative and policy reforms;
- Run focused campaigns;
- Conduct public education; and
- Promote member and group development and activities.
Article printed from Prevent Cancer Now: http://www.preventcancernow.ca
URL to article: http://www.preventcancernow.ca/main/about-us/mission
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2009 Prevent Cancer Now. All rights reserved.